Diocese of Rupert's Land • Anglican Church of Canada
and the community
St. Luke’s is part of the Diocese of Rupert’s Land. Established in 1820, the diocese is a region of the Anglican Church comprising the city of Winnipeg and environs and is divided geographically into three Archdeaconries, each with an Archdeacon providing administrative oversight. Each Archdeaconry is made up of two Deaneries, each overseen by a District Dean.
St. Luke’s is part of the Anglican Church of Canada, an independent, self-governing church in communion with the other 44 churches of the worldwide Anglican Communion. It includes more than 500,000 members in 1,700 parishes, and like Canada, the church has become culturally diverse. On any given Sunday the tradition of common prayer is expressed across Canada in many languages, including Inuktitut, French, Spanish, and Cree.
[PDF] Full version is a revision of the 1918 Canadian Book of Common Prayer.
[PDF] Now in its 26th year of publication, despite its name “Alternative,” the BAS has become the primary worship text for Sunday services and other major liturgical celebrations of the Anglican Church of Canada.
[PDF] FAS is a resource to accompany the Calendar of Holy Persons in the BAS. It includes propers for memorials, commemorations, and saints’ days, along with biographical information and primary source readings.
St. Luke’s is part of the Anglican Communion comprising more than 85 million members in 44 regional and national member churches around the globe in more than 160 countries with the Home Office located in London, England.
[PDF] A collection of resources for certain pastoral and seasonal occasional services, including additional funeral rites, celebrations of new ministries, and home blessing rites.
[PDF] The most substantial addition to the BAS. Authorized by General Synod in 2001, it contains additional rites for Sunday services.
The Parish Church of St. Luke
130 Nassau Street North
Canada R3L 2H1
© 2017 The Rector and Corporation
of The Parish Church of St. Luke